1 having existence or being or actuality; "an attempt to refine the existent machinery to make it more efficient"; "much of the beluga caviar existing in the world is found in the Soviet Union and Iran" [syn: existent] [ant: nonexistent]
2 existing in something specified; "depletion of the oxygen existing in the bloodstream"
3 presently existing; "the existing system"
- present participle of exist
- Finnish: olemassa oleva
Exist may stand for:
- Exist Global is a software engineering services firm that develops, designs and delivers enterprise-class products and cutting-edge web applications for some of the world’s most successful businesses, including a number of Fortune 500 companies
- EXIST NASA proposed Energetic X-ray Imaging Survey Telescope (EXIST)
- eXist, an open source database management system built on XML
- to exist, a verb. See existence.
actual, alive, around, as is, being, contemporaneous, contemporary, current, existent, extant, fresh, immanent, immediate, in being, in effect, in existence, in force, instant, latest, living, modern, new, on foot, present, present-age, present-day, present-time, prevalent, running, subsistent, subsisting, that be, that is, topical, under the sun, up-to-date, up-to-the-minute